Saturday and we woke to the sound of rain on the cupola. Peeking through the curtains confirmed it and essentially made our decision on a stay at home day……homemade scones were in the offing and this just tipped the decision in their favour.
Come on in, you have arrived just in the time….the smell from the oven is lingering in the hall. The scones have just come out the oven, the coffee freshly made.
We had a late night last night, I’ve lived in Edinburgh 20 years now and never seen the Tattoo and finely scratched it off the list. The cost had always put me off and I never seemed to be in the right place when the tickets go on sale. This year the stars were obviously in alignment and I put the money thoughts aside. We all had a great time, such a great setting up on the castle esplanade and the bands were just pure brilliantly rehearsed.
So where I am at with my thirteen week get organised challenge!…..well I’m back here having coffee, haven’t managed to get a recipe up and my daily journal has had some sporadic entries. I have sat down and thought about things though. Resulted in biting the bullet on a few things rather than procrastinating.
- Had a knotted hamstring for some time and went to see the physio….crumbs to say I’m a bit in a mess when it comes to stretching is an understatement. I’ve been given 20mins exercises a day for 6 days a week…..not sure how I’m going to fit those in!
- I signed up for a beginners cookery course – vegetarian India, mainly to catch up with a pal once a week.
- Time to start the DIY season again….open for business with such an old house the list is mounting. This morning, I took out the dead water tank……..grim
- I’m starting to sort out my recipe system……….I know the new cookery books are going to start appearing on the shop shelves….I don’t need any-more honest, except they are a guilty secret, except they are not being used and I need to do something!
- My daily photo has been kept going, think my favourite from this week is the Olympic torch that was hung on the wall of the Physio
Thank you so much for popping around, I’ve given you too much of my chat!….Hope your doing OK and your keeping your chin up. I’m going back to looking at a few more recipes and the boy and I are going to harvest the miracle basil that grew in the summer before it turns black….too late for some of it…..Pesto for the freezer.
The Weekend Cofee Share is hosted by the Part Time Monster