If we were having coffee, we’d talk about the weather in Edinburgh the last few days and how the tourists are getting a rough deal. One minute it’s sunny, the next torrential down pours and then hours of dreich sticky mist that hangs in the air and just clings to you.
I’ve woken up early for a Saturday, normal time for a weekday, I’ve snuck out of bed, so you were passing just at the right time. The house is quiet for a few minutes and I can tell you about my week.
I started a 13 week challenge for myself, mainly taken the ideas from the self journal approach, and I’ve high jacked it to work with a bullet journal. The self journal would create waste for me in a journal, I just don’t think I could be that fanatical about my day (yet), whereas the bullet journal is more random and suits the nature of the beast that is my working week and my random head.
My main goal is to get myself organised, you could say it’s the prequel to being able to take the self journal approach. And the 2nd goal was to really give my a blog a stretch of its legs.
I started writing a piece for the weekend coffee share whilst on holiday but then something got in the way….probably a child.
The thing about holidays…you start to think differently, the daily demands of the mind start to unravel at the edges. Don’t get me wrong, there’s still the constant demands of the boys and I’ll be going back to work for a rest on that front. It’s the moments where your mind gets to drift, the first coffee in the morning (if your left in peace) or the moments when we are all on our bikes in harmony.
I’ve been trying to hang onto that feeling of holidays, freedom, harmony and mindfulness. The boys are still off school and I’m 2 weeks back in. There have been a few ups and downs, hence the challenge and the daily focus has helped both keep my work and life priorities on track.
So here I am two weeks in a row now enjoying your company! I’ve been looking forward to it wondering what I’d tell you.
- I’d set myself a goal of getting at least one recipe up this week and I managed it. Bolognese EdinburghCook Style
- Loving Rachel Roddy, if you are into podcasts, great intro to the book from Honey and Co Food Talks With the Honey and Co Podcasts here
- The eldest had seen SpiderMan, and I’d promised I’d take the youngest one night. A school night for me, the timings sucked in terms of lateness but I went for it. Pleased I did he was so grateful and it was great. I’ve started to become tired of the adventure hero genre and really didn’t need to see another reboot of SpiderMan. Marvel have done a good job, and so much better than I thought it would be.
- Discovered this great playlist on Spotify Music for concentration
- Really inspired by the I Am Bolt documentary
- Despite the weather, manged to cycle to work every day plus a Monday run
- As well as the 13 week challenge. I’ve started a 365 photo challenge…for no other reason to try and capture a moment in each day. Something that made me smile, react or think about my place in the world, a wannabe cook and his iPhone! @EdinburghCook Instagram
Thank you for sharing coffee and saying hello, The weekend coffee share is hosted by the PartTimeMonster